Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Where did all the Rain Go

When I got up Sunday morning around 6:30 I went to our window on the 2 nd floor to see what kind of mess would be left after the Torrential rain storm we had last evening. When we went to bed around 10:30 and it was still raining. To my surprise , the Sun was peeking over the mountain and  you could not tell that we had a rain storm 8 hours earlier. There was the odd Palm tree leaf on the ground, other than that, no evidence of the rain. Obviously the ground sucks it up.

This is the only rain we have had since our arrival , however, everything is green and the golf course looks in great condition.

We did hit the beach ,later in the day and the high tide had delivered some debris ( mostly grass ) on the beach caused by the rain. Sometime during the following evening they drag an apparatus along the beach to pick up the grassy weeds. I have not see the machine but I have seen the tractor tire marks. This is done anytime the tide brings in any weeds/ grass. Hence the beaches are very clean.

Tomorrow  , Monday we are  going on a Safari, DR style not African Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment