The first order of the day was to go to the office and pay to have our Laundry done and also to pay to have our room cleaned. The cost for the Laundry including the soap was about 7.00 Cdn and to clean the room was 3.30 Cdn. Carroll has a house cleaner at home so why not have one here or maybe she has forgot how; I'm not sure which.
Since it was time to check the computer we carry the Laundry down to the Laundry mat which is beside the pool and did our computer checks. As I was buried in the computer answering an email a man walks up and say "Hi I'm Joe" . I was shocked that someone actual said something in English and I just looked at him for a second and then he says what is you name. I quickly realized that I was talking to another Canadian and then we carry on with the preverbal Q and A about each other. He is an Expat Newfie who lives in Mississauga and has most of his life. He and his wife spend 3 1/2 month in the DR every year. I can tell already that he a fun type guy. We will definitely be seeing more of them as there is a group of 6 or 8 that come here annually. Joe also told us not to tip at the restaurants because it is included in the price. It is a little late for us now... dam it.
After lunch we headed for the beach as is our routine. There was very few people in the water as it was a bit rough at our beach area. However, we seen a couple down the beach in front of the "All Inclusive " so we went down and joined them. They are a young couple ( in their 30's ) and are from Toronto. We swam around with them for about an hour and swapped stories. They are not happy with their hotel as they are Vegetarians and they said the salads were not that good and they are living on Pizza. To top it off, they said the shower had no hot water.
The rest of the day we just Pissed it away. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment