Carroll decided that today was the day we need to wash clothes or what she meant was: too get the clothes washed. There are no Washing Machines in the Condos, however they do have a Laundry Mat but not for our use. Here is the drill and it suites us just find. I go to the office and ask to have some laundry done and they don't ask how much. We had 3 garbage bags plus the sheets from our " King Size bed. I pay the Office 150 P ( about 5.00 Cdn ) and I also have to purchase a package of soap which I think was about 50 P. They also ask for my room number which I assumed was so they could return the clean clothes. To my surprise, by the time I got back to our Condo the Laundry lady was there to pick up the dirty Laundry. So , for 5.00 Cdn they Pick up the laundry, Wash it, dry it, fold it and deliver it and I'm sure if we had given her the key she would have put it in the drawers. ha ha.
And to top it off the Laundry lady found a 100 P bill in one of the pockets and she returned it to us. I intended to tip her anyway so I gave it back to her.
Later this week we intend to have our condo clean and they will also do that for 150 P ( 5.00 Cdn ). I guess I now know why Mario, our landlord and Ron, the Bar owner like living in the DR.
After getting the "Laundry " out of the way we headed for the Beach to soak up the Sun and swim in the Caribbean Sea, The water is wonderful. I always buy beer from the Beach Restaurant and sometime we have lunch there. However today is Tuesday ( which I forgot ) and for some reason the Restaurant is closed on Tuesday. So there I am being a Beach Bum, reading my book and no Beer. How much worst can it get. ha ha
After returning from the Beach and having lunch we walked to the local Mall in search of Beer, Bread and some Bug spray. There is some little bugs that are around the pool after the sun goes down. They are not bad but they bite around the ankles.
My friend Ron ( from Vancouver) has invited me to join him at his Bar to watch hockey but we are on Atlantic time , therefore the Oilers and Flames don't start until 9:30 our time so it is kind of late. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment