Monday, 21 December 2015

The stampede has Started

The tourist have started to arrive as "Joe" predicted  and many are Europeans. I was told by a Brit that they fly direct from Heathrow airport to the DR and the price is very reasonable hence the reason the Brits and the Europeans come here.

This morning while doing my computer  checks we met with Joe and his wife and we had a 1/2 hour confab, swapping stories about family, careers  and health issues.  They mentioned that 2 couples would join them for Happy Hour around 5 PM and we were invited to met them which we did. We now  are friends  with  6 more English speaking people.

We did our normal trip to the beach in the afternoon and had lunch with Joe and his wife. I noticed they were reading and since I run out of reading material I thought they might loan or swap me a book. Joe informed me that there was a library of about 100 paperbacks in the foyer under the counter. So I checked  and  there was more books than I will read so  I grabbed a couple to hold me for awhile. I'm going thru about 1 1/2 books a week because the "Bikini  " watching on the beach has been slow lately.

We went to  Dinner and  Las Vegas type show tonight and it was great. The meal was Surf and Turf and all you can drink as long as it is Beer, wine or a rum drink. The first drink was Champagne and  Carroll took a sip of hers and liked it.  I hope she not thinking of taking up drinking because we both can't afford to drink. After the dinner , we were escorted to the auditorium for the show which lasted about 1 1/2 hours and again the drinks kept coming, even without asking. Carroll ordered a Pina Coloda  however the waitress noticed that Carroll's first drink was a Sprite so she ask if she wanted the drink with or without rum. Of course it was without??
The show was dancing and singing , both men and women with the most gorgeous costumes we have ever seen.  All the dancers were tall, well built and definitely physically fit. All the ladies were scantily dressed and Carroll said they were good looking. They were on a stage so I could see that high. ha ha.

After the show we had an hour to kill so they directed us to the Casino  where they had hoped to get us to spend some money. This was of course the plan but very few people gambled and in fact I only noticed one guy at the Black Jack table from our crew. As Carroll and I walked around the place I was invited to join the Texas Holdem  table as they only had 3 players. It was a very fancy upscale looking  Casino  but there was only 2 Black Jack tables in use and I only seen one guy a the one arm bandits.

We got home at 11:30 and we feel we got good valve for our money. cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment