Thursday, 10 December 2015

Power Problem during supper

After breakfast we head to the pool area to check  the computer for news about the happenings in the World ( mostly sports ) and emails from home and then we hit the Beach which is our favorite past time. We just can get enough of the Sun, Sand and the Caribbean Sea.  However, we have to be careful of getting to much Sun all at once but we are definitely getting brown. One of the Hawkers ask us how long we were staying here and Carroll told him 31 Dec and he said, Heck you will be as brown as me by then.

After our Beach time was up we return to our Condo for a quick lunch and then to the pool area to lounge around , read our book and take a quick dip in the pool if it gets too hot. Believe me it is not crowded.
At supper we decided to use the oven for the first time. We could not understand the symbols on the oven knob nor could we get the oven to work so the " Electrician " in me said to check the breakers  as it may be in the Off posn. The Electrical panel had two 30 Amp  Main Breakers and several 20 Amp breaker for each appliance or room.  The entire condo has only 120 service to each appliance which has the fridge, Stove Top, Oven and Hot water tank, the Microwave  two  A/C units plus the lights.   I thought maybe the oven had one of the 30 Amp breakers so I turn it off  and holy shit we had no power at all. To make matters worst I thought the breaker was going to fall out in my hand. I believe they export their Electrician's  from Mexico.  I fiddled some more and got everything back on except the Stove top. Therefore we  had to cook supper using the oven and the Microwave. I'm sure I can get everything to  work but at this time of night I will leave it until morning.

After supper each night we head to the Pool area where it is cooler and to check the emails, the Sports scores and the News and to talk on Skype to " those " family and friends smart enough to put Skype on there computer. ha ha Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment