Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Winter of 2015 in MX (Jan 9 )

At around 6:30AM I wandered down to the Old Geezers table at the Patio wondering what possible topic we could beat up today. But much to my  surprised there was nobody there and I know that Swain is always first across the start line in the morning so I thought there must be reason. When I got to the patio  I could see the reason: Bob #1 was going fishing and it incumbent for the onlookers to help launch his boat and retrieve the trailer. We do not have a boat launch, as you just launch the boat across the beach into the ocean and then retrieve the trailer by attaching a rope to the launch vehicle, normally a jeep.
You notice I said Bob #1 that's because there are 3 Bob's and the first one to arrive get the #1 name. There are also 2 Dave's and 2 George's and  there was 2 Tom's but one has left.
Incidentally Bob #1 was "Skunked " 3 times so the fishing is not that good yet. Apparently it picks up in Feb.
We finally go a MX cell phone and it cost 200 P ( 20.00 )and that includes 100 Minutes. Our friend called so we could enter their number and neither one of us could answer because we did not know which button to push. There is no "green " telephone on the key pad.
I also needed to fill the car with gas so I went to the nearest Pemex for a fill up and I rec a free car wash, MX style; two guys using a power washer, with a bucket of soapy water and they dry it off.
We finished off the day by laying out trip plans for Feb. We forgot to bring our MX travel " Bible "  so we hope to borrow one from friends who will not need theirs because they are going directly out to AZ. Actually " WE" did not forget our book; Carroll put it in the MX pile and I removed it to read about something and left on the coffee table. I told Carroll it is not her fault but I'm still blaming her. ha ha . cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment