Today we are all ( 8 of us ) going to Sayulita, 24 KM away and if you have forgotten , it is a Surfing Beach, with many many restaurants and more or less important; a host of small boutiques just waiting to fleece you by selling you stuff ( Jewry, tee shirts, surfing gear ) you don't need.
Please recall that our tow car is a Blazer which holds 4 adults semi-comfortable and we are a family of 8, not to mention Boggy Boards, umbrella, bag chairs, towels etc..... I think you get the picture.
Now we have to load the 8 people into the car. A shoehorn would be handy and you can forget the seat belt law. OK , 3 small kids in the rear with the baggage, 2 adults and Emily in the back seat and two adults in the front. I'm guessing that the Mexican could easily put another 4 people in a car this size but then again they no how to pack better than us.
Off we go and arrive at Sayulita and as expected there was no place to park. So we bailed out, right on a street corner, grab our baggage and walk a block to the beach leaving Todd to find a parking spot, which he did.
After finding a spot on the beach we started to catch the surf for the kids. We had to help the kids with a push start just as the wave would break which mean they were have fun while you were trying to find out which way your ass was point after the wave knock you off you feet.
After having fun for an hour we sat on the beach and ordered Tacos and beer from the roving waiters. There are several restaurants along the beach so they take your order and deliver. I no.. Life is Bitch in MX. I met 3 couples from Edmonton and one lady had an Oilers cap so I guessed Edm and I was right. I jokingly said, I suppose you are in MX to get away from the winter weather and nobody thought it was funny as the temperature in Edm was above zero. They worked the Oil Patch; surprise ; surprise.
We then went to Punta Mita, about 25 KM away as Todd and Yvonne wanted to check on a boat ride to an Island but it was too costly for want you get. On the way home on a 2 lane winding road we ( along with 20 other cars ) got behind an old gravel truck which was going flatout at 20 KMH and nobody could pass, So the one hour return trip took 1 1/2 hours.
When we arrived home it was definitely " Miller Time " followed by supper. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment