Monday, 5 January 2015

A visit to Home Depot in PV ( Dec27 )

We had to make a run to PV to purchase a new toilet seat. So what happen to the old one. Well , I needed to "rush" to the toilet about two weeks ago ( no more explanation required ) and I sat down quickly and not "accurately " hence the hinges on the plastic seat snapped. I tried duct Tape but it does not stick to the ceramic toilet, so a new seat was in order.
We, mostly Carroll decided that we may as well stop at Costco and Wal-Mart while we are in PV because there must be something we need there.

First you must know that the main street thru PV is 6 lanes ( 3 each way )and you can not usually make a left turn from those 3 lanes. You must get into the lateral which also is 2 and / or 3 lanes where you can then make a left turn and or a U-turn with the light. It is possible to get into the wrong turn lane in the lateral because I have first hand experience and you can not believe how many horns are still working on the Mexican cars.

However , Home Depot is on my left so I have to enter the lateral to turn around. Due to mass confusion I missed the first chance to enter the lateral so I had to grab the next one about 2 or 3 km down the street. By now I think I got the left turn lanes figured out so get in the lateral and make the turn and getting into Home depot should be simple because it is on my right so you would think it would be a right turn, Wrong... you have to get into another frigging lateral and this one has a small entrance without a sign. You guess it.... I missed the entrance so I had to repeat this whole GD circuit again. Now I had to make a "legal" U-turn called a Returno with 2 lanes of traffic trying to enter  ( squeeze) into 3 lanes without the help of a light. This take nerve and preferable  an old car. Finally we got to Home depot and I got the toilet seat I needed.
Now to find Costco. I ask a Cdn who I met in Home Depot for directions to Costco. He said that is was easy and /or simple. Nothing is simple in MX. He said to drive until I see a certain statue then take a left turn. Unfortunately he did not say to left turn from the lateral  so I understood that that the left turn could be made from the main street. That was not the right turn so I ended up in the wrong area of town. All that to say we never did get to Costco.
Now to get to Wal-Mart . We know exactly where Wal-Mart is located and it is on the way home. But again you have to know or (find)  the right lateral. Luckily for us the traffic was light so we were no under pressure so found it quite easily. This particular Wal-Mart is located in the middle and attached to 4 or 5 other large stores which is quite different from our vision of Wal-Mart.
After we finished shopping , we headed home and as we know, in advance, that it will be another 1 1/2 hour drive and it was already 3 PM. We were not disappointed as we  and 15 other cars got behind another old truck going 20 or 30 kmh so it took us at least 1 1/4 to travel 65 KM to our RV park.
The next trip to PV should be easier since I should know where the hell I'm going. cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment