On the 27 th Tuesday we did mostly nothing; it was hot and humid and most of the crew congregated at the patio facing the Ocean so we could absorb the nice breeze to keep cool and to drink sufficient liquid to replace the sweat.
Most of the "Grigos " from the local hotels just sat on the beach but the Mexican are the brave ones as they challenged the ocean no matter how high the waves are. The high waves usually bring a Rip Tide so we general watch for someone in trouble. If so; our Park has a horn which we activate and that notifies a recue crew. We have only seen one such rescue since we got here but apparently a person drown about a mile down the beach from us.
28 Jan ; today we are having out MH washed and waxed by a "family " crew, of a father , mother and adult son. It will take them about 4 hours. However, before they arrive I have to move the MH out from the back wall as I am park about 1 foot from that wall with no room to get on the roof. So, that means moving a few things on the patio and raising the 4 leveling jacks. Two of the jacks would not retract and you can not move the MH until the are up. After playing with the electrical controls for over 1/2 an hour I resort to the tried and true method. So I had to borrow a crow bar from my AB neighbor and help the jacks retract. Luckily it worked and the jacks are staying up until I get to the US where I know I can get help. A few of the experienced MH owners have suggested that I call the MH company as they think it is a solenoid problem. I will definitely take there advise but not in Guayabitos as we are leaving on Sat afternoon or Sunday morning and I don't want my jacks to be stuck down. I can live with the jacks up.
The MH wash and wax was started at 9 AM and was completed around 1 PM which was great because I did not want them to be waxing during the hot Sun. The cost was 1000p or around 95.00 Cdn. It is a "right of passage" that we provide the MX workers with Coke so I went across the street and bought 2 Cokes and a Fresca. Coke is a big seller in MX and interesting enough, President Vicenti Fox was the CEO of "Coke Cola" before he was President. The other MH owners remarked on what a good job they did. This same company will be washing and waxing most of the other RVers MH before they leave here because of the ocean salt that gathers during the winter.
The rest of the day was spent in the pool swapping stories with one particular couple who went to Central America last winter. Are we thinking about going to Central America.... Yes; will we likely go next year ... Not likely.
After such a trying day we ( mostly Carroll ) suggested we go out for supper so we chose a good restaurant close by and it was full except for a table for four. Luckily a couple who are close friends were already in the restaurant so they grabbed the table for 4 and waved us over. Interesting enough, this couple is interested in going to Central America in 2017 an we have traveled throughout MX with them about 6 or 7 years ago so you never no... just maybe. There , that killed the day. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment