The day started like every other day; I get up at 5 AM but Carroll stays in bed until 8 AM. It a "promise" she made to herself once she retired , unless there is a greater need.
Later today we are invited to a party at our friends, Bob and Linda at their park in Lo de Marco about 14 KM away. Lo De, as we all call it is a small town , but not touristy, on the beach and it has at least 6 RV parks. Bob and Linda are hosting a surprise party for Bob's sister who is visiting and has a Birthday, so since we know his two sisters we are invited. They don't know it is Carroll's B'day and we did not want to spoil the surprise by telling them until we get there.
I should mentioned that we met Bob and Linda in Playa del Carman about 8 years ago and it is nice that we still keep in contact.
Now to kill the day until the party starts at 5PM. I needed a haircut so I checked with a friend for a barber and then headed out to find the barber shop. Actually, they are hair Salons as I have never seen a male Barber shop in this town. When asked by my Barber at home , how I want my hair cut , I usually say " quickly and quietly" but since I don't speak Spanish I just say Medium even though I don't really know what the means.
Then I reminded Carroll that she was out of coffee so we ask friends where the local "Coffee Roaster" was located . I remember buying coffee from the roaster years ago but forgot the address, so to speak. There are no addresses in Guayabitos, there are just locations. The direction are; the Roaster is on the hwy, just passed the light , next to the Tire shop on the west side of the road and if you see the Pemex you have gone too far. AAh I said, now I remember; you can't there from here!!!! Well I found it even though Carroll advised me that I made an illegal left turn. So what.. I'm in MX. I bought a Kilo of coffee for 12.00 . We will like buy another Kilo before we leave here.
At 4:30 we headed to party and we got to met friends we had not seen in a while. The party was great and Bob and Linda made a great Fajita supper and the B'day cake was huge. It was at least 2 ft by 1 ft and 6 inches high. It was made by the cook at a local restaurant their cakes are moist and always very tasty. Suffice to say it was a great party but Linda and Bob always go all out when the host a party. We all appreciate the effort the put into the supper for all of us. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment