Sunday, 25 January 2015

Bread Machine Bites the dust 23 Jan 2015

For anyone who has been to MX , you will know that their bread is not the same as our bread in Canada.  In the small town bakeries , it is either " cake like " or  too fine of grain. The large stores like Wal-Mart and Costco do have bread that is acceptable but we tend to frequent small cities and town so we bring along our bread machine AND our flour.
Today Carroll decided to make raisin bread so out comes the Bread Machine. She thru the ingredients in machine and it automatically was set to 3 hours.
Then Carroll thru a load in the washing machine ( yes we have a washing /dryer combo in the rig ) and therefore her day is practically done except to hit the pool or the beach. By the way,  the washing machine takes an hour to wash a small load. I wonder what famous Engineer could design a washing machine, which cost 1500.00 and then takes  an hour to wash 2 sheets. However, time is something we have lots of.
Well, we left the bread machine and the washing machine to do their  work while  we went the beach to soak up the Sun and read a book.
When we returned several hours later ,  I check the bread machine only to find the bread burnt on the bottom. After wrestling  the loaf out of the machine I noticed one of the mixing arms was stuck in the burnt bread. Then I put the mixing arm back in the machine and realized I could not turn one arm. Upon further inspection I realized the bearing seized causing the bread to burnt. The machine is now part of the MX junk pile. However, I'm sure that if I taken it to a mechanic he could repair it.
I say that because an guy from Sask hit a tree branch with his MH,on the way here and smashed the motor and bracket that automatically operates his patio awning. He took the pieces to a mechanic shop in our small town and the mechanic  say to come back in three days. Amazingly, it was repaired and is now working. We never under estimate the ability of the Mexican people.
On our way back from the beach we stopped to say hi to Dave and Joanne and I ask Dave what he was up to. He said we have to go out for supper because the stove broke. I said how could it break, it's only 3 years old. He says , all I know is that Joanne says the stove is broke , we are going out for supper; would  you like to join us and before I got a chance to say No, Carroll said Yes. So we went out for supper.  Apparently , Joanne's stove it breaks every Friday night.
Another couple joined us and we went to an really nice Italian restaurant. Most restaurants are within walking distance from our Park and there are many. cheers   

No comments:

Post a Comment