Sunday, 18 January 2015

Winter of 2015 in MX (Jan 15 )

OK, I'm back on track after my mix up with the 13 and 14. Also I will try to add some picture but no promises.
Our car is still at the Body shop and will be there until 1 PM on Sat so we don't have any wheels but we "had " to got to the Thursday market in La Penita . Why because Carroll had an appointment to pick out a stone for a ring she wanted.
Since we had no wheels we planned to grab a cab which will cost 30 P ( less than 3.00. However, another couple where just leaving the park and gave us a ride to the market. It was crowded and I should have taken a picture but the camera is in the car. " My Bad ".
Anyway, we fought our way thru the crowd hunting for the Jeweler which also means we were slightly hassled to buy a table cloth salesman which we agreed to check his wares later. We found the Jeweler and Carroll picked out a Garnet Stone. I being more interested in the price said "how much" and she said 900 P, of course I said not a chance. then the girls said, oh remember I sold you friend a ring for 800 P so I will give you the same deal. We agreed, but I probably could have got her down to 700 P.
 Now back to the table cloth salesman. After looking thru about 20  table cloths Carroll found one she liked so; as the money guy, I said how much and he said 250 P, I your nuts so he countered with 220 P and I said  200 P and so he said I can't do that so I took 200 P out of my wallet and said do want to sell the table cloth or not and he said OK.
On the way out of the Market Carroll spotted a "Dress Boutique" , the word Boutique might be a strength, so she picked out one that looks good in MX but will never see the light of day in Medicine Hat. We also got it for 200 P. Now to find a taxi to get home. They have a stand near the market so we got a ride home for 300P ( less than 3 bucks ).
The rest of the day was either at the beach or just doing nothing until Happy Hour. cheers



New Years Day dinner at Tom and Maureen's with Garry and Val. Gary was in the army and posted to Shilo so we had lots of stories to swap
 
 Carroll  on the beach Pineapple drink and fruit mix
Typical beach day during the Christmas and New Year holidays


Christmas morning in our MH in MX. Quite a different change for the G/kids but Santa did find them

No comments:

Post a Comment