Monday, 12 January 2015

Winter of 2015 in MX (Jan 7 and 8)

Jan 7:  Don and Carol from Onanole , MB dropped into Rincon for a visit . When the were RVers ( they now live in Florida ) they spent many winter in Rincon and Lo de Marcos and that is were we met them about 8 years ago. I know you are saying : Where the hell is Onanole... ask Mr. Google but it is near Clear Lake, MB.
Anyhow, they decided to walk to La Penita, a town about 2 KM away and invited us to met them at a local "Watering Hole" called Himmes for lunch. They said they like to walk everyday but they did not realize the temperature  was around 85 F. We met them at Himmes at Noon and they were beat.. in fact they looked like a wet rag before it was wrung out. I immediately ask if they would like a ride home and Don said I'm glad you ask because I was just going to ask for a ride.
Another couple , friends of Don and Carol also joined us . They are from Minden, ON so Now I had ask, where the hell is Minden, ON. After 3 tacos and a couple beer to quench our thirst we return to the park for a rest.
After Happy Hour , Don and Carol invited us and another couple to join them for supper which we accepted. After 2 meals and a few beers I was ready for bed. This is just another way to "Kill" a day in Rincon. cheers

Jan 8:  It is not hard to surmise that this would be a slow day after yesterday. It was salon quite hot and since the ocean was a little rough we defaulted to our heated (82 F) pool for a few hours. Several members of the park also chose the pool over the ocean today.
After we had enough of the pool we decided to go shopping for Yogurt, as we like to make a smoothie for breakfast everyday. Most small store called OXXO ( our version would be 7/11 or as I call them the Bin Ladin store  since they are all run by Muslums ) carry a large array of goods but then never have Yogurt with fruit, just the plain yogurt  and I need fruit Yogurt . After checking several OXXO store, ( they are on every corner ) we gave up and decided to tour a small town on the water ,about 2 KM away. It does have a couple of RV parks but they did not have many customers. After driving up and down both streets we return to our abode and caught up on some reading. I have yet to finish one book so you can guess  how busy we must be . Carroll hasn't even cracked a book yet as reading is not her strong suite.  cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment