Friday, 16 January 2015

Winter of 2015 in MX ( Jan 13)

The Old Geezers club this morning was mostly talking about " will I or  won't I" go fishing. Bob #1 is just itching to get out on the ocean but weather report is for rough seas. However, the two Frenchmen from the next park already went out so it can't be that rough. It was decided that it was too rough so nobody from our park went out today.
We invited two couples for supper tonight so we put a roast in crock pot complete with vegetable which make for a easy meal. The crock pot is outside so as not to heat up the MH. Also we will eat in our patio.
Shortly after getting the supper in the crock pot ; in walks the Body mechanic  and he motions ( we don't speak each other language ) to bring the car to his shop.  I get in the car to drive to his shop and he jumps in the co-pilots seat. I quickly deduce that he was dropped off and he is directing me to his shop. ( It is  funny how they operate, but it is MX )  Once at his shop I "tried " to make him understand that I want my car back no later than Saturday and I think he agreed. Then he needed the year of the car so he could obtain the paint code. I could not understand the question so he took out his license  and pointed to the year so I finally understood. Then he ask for money up front which I wasn't too fond of until I realize this is policy in MX as he needs to buy the paint. It was only 200 P ( 18.00 ) .
My friend Tom arrived to pick me up and he speak passive Spanish so he verified that I would have my car by Sat , but I know that does really mean  " Diddle Squat" to Mexicans.
We are still trying to find a  Pharmacy "Farmaica " to fill a prescription for Carroll but neither Costco in PV or the 3 Pharmacies in  La Penita had the medicine . But one pharmacy in La Penita suggested we try the one in Lo de Marco which is a little town 14 KM away. I kind of laugh because I though if Costco doesn't have it why would some "Hole in the wall" have it. Besides, we have been to Lo de Marco many times and we never seen a Farmacia .
As it turns out, our friends , Tom and Maureen suggested that we go to another small town, called San Fransico to have lunch at a beach  restaurant.   This is very beautiful town about 24 KM away with an exceptional surfing beach so it attracts many of the younger crowd but it does not have any RV Park hence it doesn't attract many seniors.
Since Lo de Marco is on our way,  our friends said they would gladly drive into town and to see if we could find this Farmacia.  We seen a Farmacia sign so Tom pulled close to the sidewalk and I seen that it was just a "hole in the wall" meaning you had to stand on the sidewalk and do business thru a small window. I thought never in million years that this place would have the medicine but I walked up, handed the lady the prescription and she said, tablet or liquid. The cost was 60 P.  Unbelievable!!!!.
To top it off, as I step out car I happen to look down at something on the street which I initially thought it was a dirty piece of  paper but I seen a 50 thru the  dirt so I picked up and dusted it off and it was 500 P ( 45.00 ) so I agreed to buy lunch. Nothing cheap about me.
Today, is Ed's 70 th Birthday and his wife Pat is throwing a big party on the patio at the park. Pat and Ed are from Okotoks and we met them the year we went to Australia. Pat and Ed had been to Australia a few months before we were going so a mutual friend introduced us and Pat and Ed gave us their itinerary  and a map which was a big help to us.
 Now for the party.
The party was great. There must have been a 100 people and they had a Music man and his music was the best I have seen here. Pat also hired  a Taco Stand and they  served pork Tacos which turn out to great way to feed a party group.  It was much less work to organize than a Pot Luck and Pat wanted the party to be less hassle for everyone.
As a side note we met a couple ( Ernie and Linda )from Camrose at the party who just arrived 3 days ago. The owned the A and W in Camrose for many years. Great Party and another great day in Paradise. cheers


 


No comments:

Post a Comment