Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Chacala, MX Jan 20 ( 2015 )

This day had all the ear marks of a lazy day even from the "get go" as the Old Geezer didn't even have a worthy topic for our meeting. I was going to say the "meeting of the minds" but that would be a stretch. Our only topic was whether the " Sandboni " does a good job of reclaiming the beach.
I may have mentioned it before that the  "Sandboni " is a machine that is part rock picker and part cultivator. The idea is to clean the beach daily, of garbage and to smooth the sand. I would like to take a picture but it works between 4 and 5 AM and I may be  an early riser but 5 AM is a tad to early.

Now for Chacala. This a beach Town about 30 KM away that has a couple of miles of a beautiful beach with several restaurants. The town also has several hotels but some hotels are a block or so from the beach and the streets are all cobble stone, which makes walking to the beach slightly trouble some , especially for seniors. The attraction for Snowbirds must be the beach and solitude because there is no shopping to speak of.
I did speak with a guy on the beach, who spends the winter in Chacala and he said that during the Christmas New Year holiday there was 60 Buses a day bringing people to the beach and the beach was wall to wall people.
All that to say that we went to Chacala for the day and there was very few people on the beach. Apparently, it is never real busy during the week , hence, the reason  many of us Snowbirds go there on week days.
We enjoyed the day at the beach and even had a nice lunch of fish and Shrimp.
When we were in  Yuma an RVer in this park  needed a part for his MH and through a third party he heard I was coming to Guayabitos . Although he did know it at the time ( but I did ) that we had met 5 years ago and I remember his name and that he was a business man from Peace River.  Long story short, I picked up his part and delivered it. He was so grateful that he and his wife  insisted that they buy us supper  so they took us out tonight to the best restaurant in town. This restaurant is located  high above the town with a million dollar view of the bay,  which is more impressive at night than during the day. cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment