Thursday, 8 December 2011

8 Dec Stilbaai ( Stil bay ) to L'Agulhas

I know I got the dates wrong on yesterday's Blog but I'm sure you realized that. Today we traveled from Stilbaai to the Most Southern tip of Africa and as you all remember you history lesson, it is where the Indian Ocean and the Atlantic meet. I know, you want to know if I actually stood in the Oceans, with one foot in the Indian Ocean and One foot in the Atlantic. You dam well know i did because I did not travel half way around the world to miss such an opportunity. Also, just as Carroll was snapping the pic a huge wave came in and swamped me and I got soaked. I'm not sure which Ocean wave hit me but it was sure salty.
Before we left Stilbaii, I filled the MH with diesel. At the filling station the diesel pump was separate from the Petro and they had 4 young ladies operating the one diesel pump. ( It seemed like a make work project to me ) however, one girl turn the pump on and started to fill the vehicle ( i assume she was the crew chief ) another young lady monitored the filling and took the money. One lady ask if she could check the oil and water. I said no but you wash the windshield, so two ladies did the windshield.Of course they all wanted a tip.
The trip from Stilbaii to L'Agulhas was uneventful as most of the trip was on good road with one or two slow downs for road construction and we covered about 250 KM. We went thru one town and I took a wrong turn but the navagator corrected me within a block so all is well that ends well.
This quaint little town of L'Agula has miles and miles of fabulous beaches and is a favourite for people from Cape Town. We met a young couple on the beach, from Cape town and they have a 'summer " home here and i'm thinking as opposited to a " winter " home somewhere. I think the weather goes from Summer to Spring to Summer. If this country was 10 hours closer to North American , nobody would every go to the southern USA or MX for the winter. This place is heaven. Fish and chips for lunch again today. Life is a Beach... i couldn't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment