Well, today we decided to do the 2 nd Bus tour of Cape Town and the outlying area which include a Botonical Gardens, should you want to pay extra, which we did not and a wine tour which we ( Tom ) did want to take. This entire tour took 2 1/2 hours which pretty much shot the afternoon, considering we got lost going to the Waterfront and then trying to find our way home. The upside, we now know the city pretty well, so when we return in 2 weeks it will be a picice of cake.
we returned to the same parking lot as yesterday and the same guy was on the gate. This he just let us in, knowning full well there would be a good tip. We also realized that this was an overflow lot for the upscale hotel next door , hence the reason the attendant was in a real nice suit.I tipped him R20 ( 2.50 Cdn ) and he couldn't get the smile off his face. I know, I'm the last of the big time spenders.
The wine estate that we visited was really upscale and by the looks of the customer at the resturaunt and the garden patio, this is somewhere were the wealthy come for Sunday Brunch. Anyhow, I was interested in the wine tasting, which of course cost about 4.00 Cdn for 5 generous glasses of wines from a list of12 that they make. I had to limit my intake since I had to negotiated thru the Sunday traffic once we returned to the MH. By the way, the limit is 0.05 in ZA. After the wine tour we had a 1hour ride thru the area covering the history of the area which was very interesting and also somewhat surprising. I won,t bore you with the detail as you can goggle Cape Town if you need the history of it.
Getting out of town was another circus for us. We did ask directions but after 3 left turns and 2roundabouts we pretty much exhausted our ability to follow the directions. When we did find the right freeway, we just happen to be going the wrong direction but lucky for us there was a Robot ( that is stop lite for you folks ) in our favor so Carroll made me do a U turn and the rest is history.
Tidbit: ZA does not have any oil industry so they have import it. As it turns Cape Town was running out of Diesel so they had to re-route a tanker ship from Mossel Bay to Cape Town. Also the the price of Diesel jumped R30 due to the shortage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment