Tuesday was a slow day, as we did not get mobile until 10 AM. We went back to the waterfront for the 3 rd time as we wanted to grab the Hop-On. hop-Off bus and get off at a couple of stop. We got off at the Information bldg and they were very helpful. Then we walked a block to the market as Carroll needed a few more trinkets to few fill the hockey that we brought with us. By then it was lunch time so we had lunch in a sidewalk cafe.
Carroll wanted to price the Gem: Tansanite, which I believe is only found in ZA. Unforetunately she married a poor military guy not a doctor or a Lawyer, so the Tansanite will be staying ZA. Shortly, thereafter we grabbed our Bus, completed the tour, paid our parking ( security ) attendant his R20 and headed to our camp site some 29 KM away. We stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things for supper. However, we spotted a travel agency called the "Flight Centre" in the Mall so we decide to check on a deal for a 3 day/ 2 nights trip to Victoria Falls on the Zimbabwe side. ( we can not go to Zambia because we do not have our yellow fever shots and do not want to get them. ) The agent, a young guy was most helpful of all the agents we have dealt with while trying to schedule this trip. We left our detail etc and before we got the camp site he called to say he had a trip with a few bonus extras and could we come in at 9 AM tomorrow, which we did.
When we arrived at the camp site, which was after 5 PM, two older ladies were running the show. Since we had reservation I thought it would be a piece of cake sign in and pay. I was not so lucky; they could not find my name on their record and no way was I getting in until she found it. Finally I suggested that they may have spelt it wrong, so try Esler with an S; no luck, so try Hesler, no luck. I Was just about ready to say give the G. D. Book and I will find it but she leaft thru the pages to K and found it. Then she said I needed the exact amount, I said you got to be " kidding" me, how can you run a business with no change. She said, after 5 pm you must have the exact amount. Luckily I did have the correct amount. When I got back in the MH, I said to Carroll, I need a Beer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment