We left Oudtshoorn after filling with diesel at 1.33 Cdn per litre and traveled thru the Robinson pass as recommendEd by several tourist and it did not disappoint. The scenery was great and the mountains and gorges always seem to be covered with trees or grass. We seen many Ostrich farms on our trip but we also seen many dairy herds. The cows are mostly Gurnsey or Brown Swiss with a sprinkling of Holsteins. You non-farmers wouldn't know a Brown Swiss from a fence post, but they are a good producer and their milk is rich in butterfat.
We traveled about 80 KM to the tourist city on the ocean called Mossel Bay. We went to the Information booth to see what to see in the area and to get a location for the Caravan parks. They were most helpful but on the way back to the MH Carroll spot a craft/tourist trap/art/clothing store so in we go. I spent 20 min getting history lesson because I started asking question. His stories were not one-sided like some I get as his Dad was from East Germany and his Mom from Scotland. Carroll in the mean time went about spending money.
After Carroll finished shopping we headed for George some 50 KM away as Carroll had a doctors appt to remove the wax from her ears. I always thought she had selective hear and now I feel bad since it was a medical problem. yeh---right. I, on the other headed for the computer store as I needed some more training on my iPad and Timithy, one of the salesman, was quite familuar with the ipad so he help me. Then I was off to the Vodafone store as my SIM card for the computer, not to be confused with iPad, was running low on Airtime. I got 1 gb this time and that should see me thru to 15 Jan
Then we headed for Mugg and Bean resturaunt for two reasons. first to have lunch and second to take advance of their 30 mins of free WiFi.
After lunch we headed back to Mossel Bay and found a camp site right on the Indian Ocean. We ( meaning Carroll) opted for a site overlooking the ocean which they gladly gave us for a price. We paid R340 which include a Admin fee of 8.00 Cdn. Imagine 8.00 to punch our GD name into a computer. Needless to say, we are only staying one night. They even gave us a free pass for the Hot Pool but it closed
at 7:30. Christ, we are not even finish supper by then. However, we did get in some beach time and got a young guy to snap a pic of us standing in the Indian Ocean. i know, that and 79 cents will get you a seniors coffee at Mac Donald's. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment