Wednesday, 29 March 2017

Packing/ Curling

20 Mar

We are doing what I will call pre-packing as we are leaving TX on the 26 th Mar, intending to arrive home on or about the 3 April. Since the Ladies World Curling is on this week we will be watching the games that are televised at a reasonable time. The games that are on at 2 AM will be watched on the re-run as they are not important enough for me to stay up to watch. 

It also seems that when we leave home we have to take everything we can think of and once we get we wonder why the Hell we brought stuff we will never use. As an example we brought 2, folding chaise lounge chairs , thinking we would sit in them on our deck. As it turns out , we never took them out of the bags. Once we got here we realized that if we are going to sit in the Sun and read a book, we would do it at the pool where we could take a cool dip if it got too hot.  I told Carroll that 6 Tee shirts and 3 pair of shorts,2 pair of shoe and 1 sweater was all I needed but " Oh No", she had to pack 15 Tee shirts and short and I swear I never worn 1/2 of them. I didn't even know I had some of these clothes until I got here. 

Actually pre-packing meant Carroll making a list of things we brought and must remember to take home and me pretending I'm interested, because we are not leaving for 6 more days.

I also play Euchre on Monday evening but our  group is dwindling as some folks have left already but I finally had the top point score for the first time.  The top prize money is a dollar !!!! Cheers 

21 Mar

As mentioned earlier I was looking all over NA for a used fridge door for our MH  ( it's a 4 door  fridge ) as the plastic hinge broke this past summer and since it is molded to the door you can not just replace the hinge. Incidentally, they do not make that fridge anymore. I finally for one in Red Bay, Alabama for the tune of 250.00 so I had it shipped UPS with hopes that it arrive before we left. It arrived today. It came in a box, 4 ft by 18 inches by 10 inches and this had to be included in our car that was already full when we came down. The roof was not an option since we don't have a roof rack. So I will cross that bridge on Friday when I actually pack the car. 

We also got a call from some friends who have invited us to a Happy Hour followed by supper. They also said that the menu will be something in our fridge as we are cleaning it out,  as they too are leaving on Sunday. Anytime there is a free beer and a meal , they don't have to ask me twice. Cheers

22 Mar

Today we actually stopped talking about packing and did some packing by putting things in boxes. I packed all the booze in a freezer box that I hope to get thru customs with paying a duty. I have 6 bottles but they are not all full. I found 4 bottles of wine so I will drop them off with our friends in Mesa whom we are visiting for 2 days. Those 4 bottles would definitely put me over the limit. 
Carroll got the suite case out and packed it with the clothes we will need for our trip home which will likely take 9 days. Living out of a suite case is not much fun so we sure do miss our MH for travelling.

We decided to clean out the fridge freezer as we did have lots of  frozen stuff so we gave it to our friends who had just return from their 2 month trip to South Africa. They mentioned that their daughter and family  ( 3 Kids ) where coming for a week so they could use much of our frozen goods.  These are the same folks who provided us with 2 days of B and B while we were in Nfld in Sept so this is our pay back. We then gathered up all the other food stuff's like cake mix, dry cereal, flour, sugar  and condiments and gave it to the lady who does the daily  cleaning of  the rec centre. This lady wins the "food " Lotto at this time of the year  because everyone gives here " leftover items " that won't keep until the fall when they return. Again , if we had the MH , all these items would be going home with us. Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment