Thursday, 16 March 2017

Going Shopping dated 16 Mar

14 Mar

I got up at 7 AM today , which is late for me and the temp was 12 C and this made me snicker because I turned on the Calgary CTV station and they predicted a high of 14 C today. However, I knew that we would overtake the temp in Alberta by noon and we did reach 30 C as we do most days. 

After breakfast Carroll mentioned that we had to go shopping at the Outlet Mall and said what the hell for.  After we pack the car, we would be luckily if there is enough room us.
 Apparently , we can not go home without  clothes for the "Okotoks " Kids. The last time that I checked their closet, they had clothes that still had tags on. Carroll thinks they will grow out of those clothes and how could  I argue. This mall has hundreds of  empty stores and every store has sales of 70 %. As an example. if you shop at IZOD you get a 10 and a 20 % discount if you buy at anyone of several other stores. Additional, the food court is partially empty. 

We finished the day by hitting the Hot Tub as we usually do. One couple has there son, wife  and G/Kids ( 2 teenage boys ) visiting.  They are originally from Winnipeg  but their son is an Engineer with Rockwell Inc and has been posted to Iowa for years. One boy was born in Wpg the other is an America. I ask the family if they would every return to Wpg and the wife said , not for a few more years because she is close to full pension as she work for the State. They agree that the weather wasn't much different. Cheers

15  Mar

We had another Nothing Day until 4 PM as we were invited to our friends place for Happy Hour and a delicious Bar B Q supper. One other couple in attendance  from  Wpg ( where else ) had just bought a Mobile home in the park. They forked out 20 K USD which equates to 27 K CDN. We returned home by 8 PM and hit the Hot Tub again. Cheers 


No comments:

Post a Comment