Friday, 31 March 2017

Final Packing Day

25 Mar
 This is were the Rubber hits the Road. Somehow I have to find a way to pack everything today and still leave enough room for my satellite dish and tripod. The fridge door  that I purchased for the MH is the linch pin as I can't pile things on top of it so it has to stand up on its' edge. Then we have a large plastic box for all the loose items such as 2 jars of MX honey, several bottles of vanilla, a few bags of Cinnamon and 6 bottles of booze, etc etc It surprised me just how heavy all this crap weights.  

I have already given up on using the rear view mirror because we will be packed to the roof. Once we packed the car we now had to clean the house which took us a couple of hours. We are also going out at 5 PM for supper at Dirty Al's,  with several friends. 

When we arrive home at 9 PM our Landlord was parked in our driveway. We knew he was coming to do the " close up " but we thought it would be in April. The landlord is 82 year old and he drove from Winnipeg to Weslaco in 2 days just to close up and I already said I would do it. I hope he is not staying long because I had the power disconnected for Monday. He said he came to pick up some boxes to take home but he must have been dreaming as there is not one box in the house. His wife is very ill so I think he will sell the house. 

Anyhow, all we have to do tomorrow morning is to disconnect and pack the Satellite and I believe I have enough space but just barely.cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment