2 March
We know there is a cold ( cool ) front coming and it will bring some rain. The temp this morrow was 17 C but warned up 25 C by 10 AM. Anytime a front comes in , it brings with it some high winds which has already arrived and will likely stay for a few days.
Tonight we took in another music concert and it was the Tenors. This was 3 men with great Tenor voices and they put on great show. However, the first 15 minutes was like the Opera (singing in Italian) and I thought , do I have to sit through 2 hours of this crap. But as it turns out they wanted to display their real talent and after that the sang all the other song in our language and it was fabulous. It was well worth the 14.00.Cheers
3 March
Again the temp was 17 C when I got up and it was overcast so we knew the rain was coming. In fact our park was scheduled to host the final year end " Shuffle " Tournament on Saturday but it moved up to Friday because the Weatherman said that we would be getting a storm early Saturday morning. We will see???
Our friends ( Holly and Larry ) along with 5 friends from another park called Magic Valley ( Nic Named Tragic Valley ) decided to go the Legion in Mercedes , about 10 KM away. The Legion has a Fish Dinner every Friday night for 8.00. They serve 4 fillets of fish which is way too much food but the cost is great. The Legions in TX only serve beer, wine, pop and water. However, you are allow ( in fact encouraged ) to bring Hard Liquor and they will supply the plastic glasses and the ice.
The place is packed to the rafters and I would say that it probably exceeds the Fire limit and to coin a phase it is a " Fireman's Special". If there was ever a fire I can visualize all these seniors with canes, wheel chairs and walkers trying to get through 2 personal doors.
Unfortunately , as a treat, they have a Karaoke DJ just to raise the Decibels volume slightly above that of a Chainsaw. We first visited the Legion 10 years ago and a few times since, and they have the same DJ and he is signing the same songs. If I hear the Yellow rose of Texas one more time I think I'll scream.
Cheers.
If you can't be an Athlete ; at least be an Athletic Supporter
No comments:
Post a Comment