9 Mar
We planned to do a run to MX for Carroll to get a pedicure and to pickup some last minute items like Honey, Cinnamon, things for the G/Kids etc. However, it looked a lot like rain " again " but we finally said let's go and maybe we will be lucky and miss the rain.
While Carroll was having a Pedicure and a hair cut , which would take an hour and a half I decided to visit the dentist and have my teeth cleaned. The dentist took a look at my teeth and said you need some work done now before it is too late, I said, do a cleaning and give me a estimate that my insurance company can understand. The cleaning cost 30.00 and he said I need 3 Crowns, 2 fillings ( albeit very small ) and a new upper plate as a result of the new Crowns. The cost of all that was 955.00 USD. Once I seen the cost was so reasonable, I said give me an appointment ASP so he said tomorrow ( Friday ) at 10 AM. The Plate was 385.00 so you can do the math on the cost of 3 crowns.
After I finished with the dentist, I went and rescued Carroll for the Salon. Our plan now was to quickly do our shopping as it was raining off and on and we had hope to clear customs and get to the parking lot, which is a 20 min walk, before it started to pour rain again. Carroll convinced me that was very important to stop at a shop so she could buy a necklace for Emily and Megan. Just as we were about to exit the store in started to pour " buckets " and with no sign as if it might stop. Luckily, this store also has a very nice restaurant so we decided that we may as well stop for lunch and by this time I was in need of a beer; so lunch it was. The lunch wasn't that good but by the time we finished, the rain had stopped so we quickly headed for the US border which requires crossing the bridge over the Rio Grande river; the famous river that divided the USA and MX. We made it to the car before the rain reappeared.
Incidentally, the US charges 50 cents to cross into MX and MX charges 25 cents to get back to the US. If you buy booze in MX , Texas charges 3.75 per litre. cheers
10 Mar
My dental appointment was for 10 AM and I was going to be fitted for 3 Crowns and since I knew that I would not feel like shopping afterward, hence Carroll did not accompany me. I arrived 5 min early and the reception said the Dr would be 5 min as he had someone ahead of me. After 20 min I ask the reception if she really meant 5 min. I said I could wait but don't tell me 5 min if you knew it would be 1/2 an hour. She must have talk to the Dr because I was in the chair in 5 mins. Waiting is not my strong suite.
I was being prepared for the Crowns only today which is not my most comfortable feeling but my mouth is 1/2 full of Root canals and Crowns so to coin a phase, " this is not my first Rodeo ". Finally the needles, the grinding and the impression where completed. The dentist does not do the Crowns in his office, as the impressions are sent to a "Jobber " which is the norm for all MX dentist. The dentist does the impressions, then he makes a phone call and a guy on a bike shows up and he takes the plastic bag to the Jobber. Hopefully, he doesn't drop them on the way.
This dentist ( actually his assistant ) made the temporary Crowns in their shop and to be frank, they were not a good fit but suffice for the weekend. Because of the new Crowns I will require a new upper plate which I have had for 20 plus years. But this will have to wait until the new Crowns are installed on Monday. Finally after a couple of hours I was "freed" from the Dental chair but my mouth was completely frozen as I had 2 Crowns on one side and one on the other. I always feel that the MX Dentist use more freezing than necessary but I have not been in a Dental office in Canada for 20 plus year so my memory could be fuzzy.
My next appointment is Monday at which time they will install the real Crowns and take impressions for the Plate. Cheers
No Husband has every been shot while doing the dishes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment