Thursday, 14 February 2019

MX/TX Trip #71 Got Internet today ( Friday )

Weather for today was rain overnight, overcast and the temp at 8 AM was 4 C. Dam it we are freezing!!!!

Spectrum , the internet provider said they would connect us up today at 8 AM and the tech, whose name is Armand ( there are no caucasians workers living in TX) would call me one hour before arriving. Really, a Tech is going to call a customer at 7 AM to say he will arrive at 8 AM. This is all done by text and you can follow the truck as he leaves his shop and arrives at your door. " Ain't the internet great. " 

At 9 AM there is no Armand so I text him with " Armand, where are you; you said 8 AM ". A few minute later a Tech shows up so I greet with , Hi Armand and he says I'm not Armand but I'm here to hook up your Internet. He said where is you connection and I said you can run it thru a window. He said no way, we do not our cable run thru a window,  we need a connection so I said you can use my TV connection, knowing  full well I would change it as soon as he left the park.

During our conversations he told me he was seconded from there office in Austin, TX  for 3 months due to the overload of work by all the Winter Texans in this area. He thought it was a joke because he did not know what a " Winter Texans" was. He had never been to  this part of TX before and he was shocked at all the RV Parks.

 He said why would we leave Canada in the winter. I said -35 C will convince you to leave and he said that he considers 60 F to be too cold to work outside. He was told by other Techs that Canadians say " EH" all the time but he did not believe it until he came here. He was a nice young Tech and made sure we were connected  and that all 3 computers/iPhone worked before he left. So now we are happy, we got satellite TV , Internet and beer in the fridge; what more can  a guy ask for????

The weather was overcast and Carroll seen the trailer on a movie called " The Upside" with a 3:30 PM start. It is from a True Story. So we called our friends in another park ( the Naha's from Brandon ) and said that we would pick them up, go to the movie and then for supper. They never turn down and offer like that. The movie was great and we strongly recommend that you see it when it comes to a theatre near you. Cheers  



No comments:

Post a Comment