We did have anything to do today so we took a drive 21 KM to the city of Cocula. You may recall that we went there on Sunday for supper and to listen to the Mariachi band. We were told that it was a bustling , industrial city and that is what we found during our drive about. First we stopped at the Bodega ( grocery store ) to do some shopping as we were told that it was like a small Wal-Mart. It was true because some of the item were in fact Wal-Mart products with " Great Value" on the package. We picked up a few items and then decided to tour around the city/town.
We noticed many industrial stores like paint, drywall lumber yard etc. and then as we got closer to the Zocola ( Town Square ) there was the obvious business such as doctors, dentist, eye specialist and everything else would expect to find in a city of 12,000. The streets are paved and they have parking meters so that is an indication that it is more than bedroom town. Once we reach the Zocola we circled it looking for a parking spot without success but we spotted a vendor selling Blueberries and Raspberries. So on the third lap I stopped and let Carroll out as we want berries and our vendor in Villa Corona was out of them. Then I found a parking spot but there was an evil eye policeman watching me so I ask If I could park and he said yes.
You are never sure if it is legal to park because yellow paint on the curb means no parking. Actually it means I can't park there; the Mexicans seem to ignore it. Green means you can park only if you are doing business in the immediate shops. Blue means something else but I'm not sure so I don't park. No marking means you can park. If people don't want you to park in front of their home/business they just put a couple of chairs in the space and that seems to be acceptable.
After I parked , I then went to rescue Carroll as she was expecting a driveby pickup. We tour some more of the town and returned to our MH. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment