Saturday, 9 February 2019

MX/ TX Trip # 68 Setup day ( Tuesday )


First item on the list for today was to get the TV setup. We have been without TV for 3 days and for all we know Trump could have built a Northern wall by now and of course Trudeau would have agreed to pay for it. 

In TX the direction and the wind speed determines where and how you setup the satellite and we have a south wind ( which is warm ) with an estimated speed of 30/40 mph so I had to anchor the satellite substantially even though we are protected by 3 other park model.  Rumor has it that a cold front is coming on the weekend so the temperature will like drop and the wind will pick up and shift to the north and then I will have to move the satellite to a protected area. Anyway we  found the satellite and we now have TV. 

We were advised by Spectrum, the internet provider,  that they could not connect us until Friday so I headed to T-mobile to find  out the cost to get cell service on my iPhone. I got a very knowledgeable young lady who understands "cell illiterate people", to look after my request and she answered all my questions, which are many. Telus needs to take a lesson from T-Mobile.  I got unlimited Talk and Text ( USA and Canada ) and 10 GB of data for 45.00 per month. 

Then we dropped over to see our long time friends from Brandon. They were teachers at Shilo when we were there in the late 70's. We did not advised them that we were in Weslaco , TX so they were shocked to see us walk in. We will be seeing them often now that we are here. cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment