Weslaco is the city is where our RV park is located. It got its' name from the West Land Company hence Weslaco; kind of original. I can't believe it can be so dam windy even though it has been blowing since Thursday. At least it is warm which makes it bearable as the temperature is around 80 F. Believe it or not I don't have a thermometer, another thing I left a home.
We started to watch curling when the "Welcome " lady came to the door so we had to invite her in. Then she realized that we have been here several times so there wasn't much info that she could give us as we know where to shop, ie Wal-Mart, the Outlet maul and HEB ( groceries) and how to get to MX. We have probably been across the border to Progresso, MX more times than she has and she has been coming here for 18 years. She spends 10 months of the year here. We left the curling game on but turned the volume down but she still stayed to talk for about an hour.
As you know, I have been having a slight problem with the intermittent power supply to the Slide Outs so I decided to replace the ignition switch. I called the MH company ( Tiffin ) and they gave me a part number but suggested that I get it from Freightliner, who built the chassis. They also gave me the address for Freightliner in he area, which was about 10 miles away. First we couldn't find the street and our GPS somehow lost the Data ( whatever the hell that means) so we wandered aimlessly, even stopping for directions until we stumbled over the street only to find out that this street actually became Hwy 183 and Freightliner is about 5 miles out of town. Anyhow I had to order the part and it should here on Tuesday however it is coming for Tennessee and they are " snowbound" so there is no promise for delivery. I'm sure the young Parts man doesn't even know what snow really looks or feels like. This is a huge Freightliner Service Center and they had 6 counter Parts men and they were all Hispanic and of course spoke both languages.
On the way home we stopped at HEB for groceries and this is a Supper Store. We never seen one Caucasus person working in he store and most of the shoppers where Hispanic. I'm just trying to point out that this area is really populated by Hispanic. The Time Warner Tech whom connected us to the internet says his wife's family lives in the border town a few miles away and they have not been there for a visit for 6 years and he has no plans to go there. Mexicans and most Americans are terrified to cross into MX.
That's how we spent this Saturday so now it's back to curling and hockey for the evening. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment