Tuesday 10 Feb; After having the 2.99 breakfast including coffee at the casino we, moved to the Green Valley RV Resort. This RV park is located 30 miles south of Tucson, AZ and has 300 RV sites , mostly park models. Green Valley is a large municipality but is not a incorporated city and it seems to attract a vast majority of Seniors during the winter months. It has several great golf courses and more than adequate shopping plus the casino on " Indian " land. It also is the site of a large copper mine and the home of the only inactive Titan missile for a tourist attraction left over from the "cold War ".
I could not get the Satellite signal for some reason so I played with it off and on all day but no luck. I'll work on it tomorrow.
We spent the rest of the day shopping as the Custom office cleaned us out of our food.
Wednesday 10 Feb: Our friends from Medicine Hat, Bob and Karen Charette , who spend the winter in Green Valley as they are avid golfers and Bob plays ball twice a week so we called they and they dropped in for a visit after his Ball game.
I found the satellite signal this morning; I'm not sure were it was hiding yesterday.
The park has free WiFi at the office bldg. and / or you can purchase WiFi that is available at your site. However, our neighbor , "Jim " ; there is always a Jim in each park, dropped over to check us out and he said the WiFi was the " shitts " but he gave me the phone number for a company who would hook me up within 24 hours to the phone system, so I call them. I called them at 5 PM on Tuesday and they delivered the modem by UPS at 9 AM on Wed and said a Tech would hook me up no later then 5 PM. He showed up at 4:45 PM . Hello Telus.... are you listening; same day service, have you ever heard of it ????
The techy is only suppose to hook a customer from the phone kiosk to the MH but I pleaded computer illerate so he connected us to the modem and called the office to activate the modem. Now I have WiFi.
Wednesday, is Pot Luck supper night at the park so we bought a Marie Callender pie ( she makes great pies ) while shopping so we grab the pie and head for the supper. We also get to sit at a table and met some very nice people. Our table was from Minnesota so they are practically Canadians. cheers
Thursday 11 Feb: today was another " run around day ". First we found an ACE hardware store ( no Home Depot here) as I needed some nuts and Screws and few other items. Then I found an O'Rielly auto shop so I purchased a fuel filter as I intend to change it before I have another problem. They had to order it but promised delivery in1 hour. Hey, NAPA are you listening; 1 hour not 1 week. We then visited Radio Shack to get a Sim card for our iPhone but they are out of sim card but did sent us to ATT some 20 miles away. By the way Radio shack has applied for Bankruptcy Proctection, I wonder why. We then drove to ATT and they inserted the Sim Card but we have not used our phone since Nov and of course it was dead so they could not verify it would work but the Tech assured us it would. Once we charged it , it did work.
Bob and Karen invited us for supper so we had a great supper and got to chat to catch up on the happening at home as they too keep in contact with some friends who just happen to stay in Med Hat for the winter. It just so happen that the Evander Kane trade happened so Bob and I got to beat the hell out of that trade. Another day done. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment