At 7 AM Elia and family pulled out as he was heading back to Ft . Steel to help calf 150 cows. His son who runs the farm dropped the blade of a Front End Loader on his toes and cut them off.
Eslers intended to pull out at 7:30 AM but when I started the MH the Engine Check light came on and I had no throttle. Holy Crap!!!. What I did have, was lots of opinions , most of which I did not need. So I called our friend Ron Miller who has run a Diesel shop in Calgary and Okotoks for 30 plus years. He agreed, that we needed a Code Reader to find the fault. Code Readers are not that common so we figured we would have to get someone from a Cummins garage in Guadalajara to check it out. But first we called Freightliner and after 1/2 an hour on the phone " Mr. Freightliner" gave up. We tried Cummins but the 1 800 number is in the US and we could not get it to ring thru. Ron Miller said he knew of a friend in another camp who had a Reader and he would check with him tomorrow.
Since we were in the mists of a torrential down pour we call a truce since nobody was going to stand out in the rain with a computer under these condition. Incidentally the computer plug is located in the rear at the Engine near the oil dip stick.
I even went to another Park to see a guy who had a similar problem last year. Unfortunately he had a Cat Engine so no luck, however I now have a new friend. Believe me this scenario is not over by an stretch of the imagination but suffice to say we are not going anywhere soon. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment