Today was a bright and sunny day so maybe we will finally get the weather that we expected when we decide to come to this part of TX.
Our neighbors ( Roy and Bya) who are from Dauphin, MB wanted to go to the border town of Progresso, MX where all us winter Texans go to waste a day. They did not want to go alone because a Border Patrol Officer spoke at the Monday morning meeting and advise people to be very careful about go to some of the Border towns in MX. This always scares the " Bejeuses " out of most Americans and those Canadians who never travel much.
Anyhow the women mainly go for a Pedicure (12.00) and Manicure (8.00) while the men go for a haircut ( 5.00 ), shoeshine (2.00 ) and the beer (1.75 ). While Carroll was having a Pedicure I was looking for a Barber with no waiting ; as you know I have very little patience when it comes "lining up" for anything including for a haircut. Most Salons also have a barber shop but the one Carroll was at seemed busy but of course he doesn't want to lose a customer so when I ask he said just a few minutes. I said, am I next and he says there is only 2 ahead of you... I just walked away. I walked a few hundred feet down the street until I found a barber shop who had an empty seat. After my haircut, I returned to see how long Carroll would be and I had forgotten where I left her so I had to check a few salons before I found her. She was not ready, nor did I expect she would be, so I then left to get a shoeshine.
Since neither of the ladies were done when I returned, I suggested that Roy and I go to the "Red Sapper" and commence sampling the beer and when the ladies join us we would have lunch. The Red Sapper is one of the favorite "Haunts" of the Winter Texans because the food is good, reasonable priced and there is good music if you are inclined to dance. It is a very noisy place but that has a lot to do with the number of Margareta's consumed by the ladies. ha ha. On the way out of MX I picked up a litre of Drambuie for 25.00 USD plus a 3.75 for a TX tax. I'm sure that is a little cheaper than in Canada.
After we got home I had to update our GPS but first I had to get a Microchip as the GPS data was full. The only store that carries a Micro chip was Office Depot. I'm not sure how a GPS can be full since an update usually replaces the old info with the new. Anyhow I managed to get it updated.
After the sun went down , it clouded over and later in the evening the wind came up "again ", it clouded over and we got a short blast of rain. Dam weather in TX. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment