Thursday, 26 February 2015

Finally, The sun 25 Feb 2015

Today was " Errand Day " as we had several places to "find " to complete the errands. I should mentioned that it rained during the night but the Sun showed its' shinny face in the morning and it was a nice sunny day. Temp reached 75 F.
First we had to go to Freightliner to pick up an Ignition switch that I ordered  last week. We knew where the Freightliner garage is located  because we wasted or better yet, spend several hours trying to find it last week. The part was due in on Tuesday so I will just pick it ... right. Once I got there it took to people to check the computer only to tell me that the part was just sent today so they advised me to call on Monday. Ok , not much I can do!!!
Our next job was to try to find a Micro chip for our Garmin ( GPS ) because when I went to run an update it said there was not enough room. I had previously check at Wal-Mart and they do not stock them. My first stop was Staples , no luck; my next stop was Best Buy, No Luck... Ok so we gave up on that item and went to Home Depot to find a space heater and a indoor/ outdoor Thermometer but no luck. We decided to try  Lowe's ( again ) and they had a Thermometer but no space heater . We are now batting 500 % , not bad.
We now decided to try to find a Mexican style restaurant called " Wille B's"
who serves the biggest Potato you have ever seen. Of course we have not been in TX for about 4 years so we weren't sure it was still in business. Not only is Wille still in business , he has expanded. Believe me you only  dine there  for the food not for the ambiance because there is none. And because it is good food at a reasonable price it was full of seniors, mostly winter Texans.
Our next stop was at Victoria Palms to find some friends from Ont that we have seen off and on over the past 10 or so years. We knew the street but not the site number but as I drove by Herman seen the AB plate and said it must be the Eslers. We had a short visit as they were involved with a Poker Run that their  park has every Wed afternoon.
That's how we wasted another day. We did find out that we can get a chip for the GPS at Office Depot. cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment