Sunday, 22 February 2015

Southern Comfort 19 Feb 2015

The Southern Comfort RV Resort will be our home for another month if we get there today. We left the Cracker Barrel parking lot in Kerrville around 7 AM and we are about one hour out of San Antonia on I- 10, so we know we are going to have to fight some earlier morning traffic on the way into the city. Our plan was/is to take a Beltway/Bypass assuming we don't miss it as we have done in the pass. The navigator was doing an excellent job ( without the use of our GPS as it lost its' Data ) and got me into the Beltway lane right up until we had to make a choice of "East" or "West". Hell, we need to go due South ( there is no south )  but since I had about 2 seconds to make a decision I chose East which in fact sent me North but the navigator put me back on I-10 and then right back on the Bypass going West ( eventually south )  so the disaster was averted and now we were clear sailing and expected to arrive in Mercedes, TX around 2PM.
We like to top up the fuel before we get to the RV park so when we leave we don't have to spend travel time looking for a gas station where we can get the cheapest fuel and if we can get in and more important, how we can get out.
All of the prices we noticed along our route was 2.85 and up until we came to a small city which had a new H.E.B grocery store with a Gas Bar and the price for diesel was 2.59. At that price I'll fill up; thank you. H.E.B is a chain store much like the Super Stores in Canada but at first glance it did not look like I could get into the pumps until Carroll noticed that an 18 wheeler was just pulling out. I said if he can get in so can I so in we went. It was a little " squishy " but we made it and this is a farming area so the other users made sure I had room to get out. A Cattle Trucker even blocked traffic until I got out.
We arrive at our RV park around 2 PM and we called The Meakins to say we had arrived and since they had previously invited us for supper we needed to qualify our timings. We got to meet Terry and pass our condolence as she too was at Meakins. Shirley had a great supper for us as she always does and Don poured me a Crown Royal which I needed, ha ha.

Since we have been to this  Southern Comfort Resort several times over the years,   some residence recognized us so they had to drop over say hello.
When we checked in at the office we reminded the clerk that we had put down a 200.00 deposit 2 years ago and we wondered if it could be applied to our rent. She told us to go and setup and come back later and she would see if she could do it. This park is owned by a big corporation  ( not a Mom and Pop operation) so we did not think they would  apply the deposit but since it was still on the books she applied it. Sometimes things just go your way. Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment