Our original plan was to move to the Lake Chapala area and camp there for a few days as it is only 50 KM from Villa Corona. However, we like the hot pools and the friends we have made and of course the camping at Villa Corona so we did a day trip to Ajijic and Chapala which are two cities joined at the hip. Many ex-Pats , both Cdn and Americans have take our residence in this area and are MX citizens of a sort.
The Ex-Pat couple that we have talk with, said they still have Cdn Passports but they carry Mexican Identification card which allows they certain advantage like full medical treatment for 300.00 a year. In fact one couple from Markham, ON said they have been permanent residence in Ajijic for 11 years and there are many couples just like them in a sub division. They have formed a co-op ( my words ) to obtain a group plan for medical insurance plan.
This same couple seem to live a shallow life style if I am a judge of people. As we perused the menu of a semi-outdoor restaurant they advised us that the restaurant had excellent food but more important they had a bottomless glass of wine and margaritas.
We then took a table close by more or less to get a feel of the area and to chat. That is when they said they had been residence and had left Markham, ON 11 years ago years. While we ate dinner and chatted I noted that the man had knocked back 4 glasses of wine and the waiter kept pouring. I wasn't sure if they had eaten yet but it appeared the wine was more important than food. Out of curiosity I ask if the came to this restaurant often and I got the answer I expected, "yes we do ".
Carroll and I went for a walk along the lake front as there were at lest a km long strip of vendors so we must have killed an hour and a half. We returned to our car which was park in front of the restaurant and the couple was still there drinking free drinks. Hopefully this not the typical Ex-Pat.
Ajijic and Lake Chapala is far to busy for us so our day trip was enough to fill our curiosity. We have notice a big change since we last visited 8 years ago. Like most cities it just keeps on growing. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment