Sunday, 13 January 2019
MX Trip #42 Medical Emergency ( Thursday )
Before I go any further I must tell about Bob. He is the "Go to Guy" in the park. Bob is an American and has been coming to this park for around 20 years. He was a commercial pilot before his retirement and now is a fisherman, a mechanic, the resident weather man, the translator, and if you need a welder like I did for my bent Tow Bar he will take you there and translate for you. And as I found out the other day, he also is a Medic and knows a local doctor if you have an emergency.
Around 3 AM Carroll was awoke when she heard someone pounding on Bob's door hollering Bob , Bob I need help. What we found out later was that a man in the condo's in our park had gone into shock due to, what appeared to be a mix up in his Insulin medicine, hence he was sweating and not coherent.
Once Bob seen the man he knew that he had to get something with sugar into his system fast so he returned to his RV , grabbed a jug of orange juice and got him to quickly drink 2 glasses. Then he called a doctor friend located in our town who arrived in 10 minutes. Before the doctor arrived, Bob got the man to drink a 3 rd glass of orange juice and did a blood sugar test and determine that his count was satisfactory and the emergency was over. The doctor checked the patient and said there was no need to visit the hospital. The doctor charge 50.00 for the house call.
As I said before Bob is definitely the go to guy and most of the residence have requested his knowledge, ability and know how.
Carroll completed her day by attending Augazizes and then had a Pedicure. I did nothing today. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment