We left Delia's at 11 AM and headed for Villa Corona which should have been a 1 hour and 45 minute trip on all secondary roads, meaning no cities and no 4 lane highways. Secondary roads do not have numbers and if you are lucky the map has the name of a small town which gives you some kind of confidence you might be on the right road. Once we left Delia's our map said ( we do not have a GSP for MX ) turn right immediately before the town of Teuchitlan and since we had been to Teuchitlan on Thursday we thought we could find the road to Villa Corona.
Suffice to say we could not find the road so we carried on with the intend to take the next highway to our right. Not realizing I was approaching the highway ( there are no signs ) that I wanted I missed the on ramp and had to enter the Hwg going the wrong direction. No probably ; I thought , I'll go to the next overpass and turn around. In my dreams as it turns out, so I entered the town of Tala where I had hope to pull a U turn. Not a chance: I was on the the main street heading to the center of town and it was one way with parking on one side and today is " Market Day ". How will I ever get out of this mess. Luckily, a motor cycle cop was stopped so I pulled up beside him and I said please point me toward Villa Corona. He said follow me and he "wound " as through the town back to the highway but it was not without its' difficulties as we had to squeeze by several delivery trucks with mere inches to spare.
Once back on the 4 lane highway and according to our map it was clear sailing. Drive 50 km turn right onto a another 4 lane road and 30 KM later we will be in Villa Corona. But I guess I was still dreaming. When we got to the city where we suppose to pick up the highway the sign it indicated a merge but there was no "on ramp". There was however a 1 km long line of people waiting for fuel parked on the "on ramp" but I bush that off as "surely that can not be my "on ramp ". Therefore I continued on and end up in another city and the only way out was another U turn which was helped out by a Coke Cola truck who sensed my delima and held up traffic so I could turn. We drove back looking for the on ramp to no avail. Finally I stop to ask for help and a Pemex gas attendant seen me asking for help and since he spoke English he came to our recuse. I show him our map and said Google says I'm here. He said forget the map and forget Google, you are in MX; I will draw you a map, which did.
As we approached, what we figure was the on ramp along side of the line up for fuel, Carroll as the general question "Is this the on ramp". A guy who spoke English said yes but you can't get thru yet. He then said they are moving some vehicle in the line up to the right so you and the bus ahead of you can get thru. Finally we started to move slowly, very very slowly with inches to spare. Several people got out of their vehicles to direct us and one guy adjusted my mirror as it was about to touch the wall. I did however touch another mirror but the guy was kind enough to pull it in. It took us about 15 or 20 minutes just inch our way by the line up and reach the highway. What a relief. Thirty KM later we finally reach Villa Corona.
After I got parked the attendant ask me if I had been here before and said 8 years ago and it rain for 4 days and one 5 th wheel had to be pulled out by a tractor. He then left and returned a few minutes later and said this man was the tractor driver and they ask if I remembered the month and I thought was Feb but they said, no it must have be the middle of Jan. I checked my blog and it started to rain on the 15 Jan and rain for 4 day. There will be no rain this year as it cool. Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment