Thursday, 17 January 2019

Mx Trip # 48 Guayabitos to Delia's( Wednesday )

We left Guayabitos around 9 AM and my first stop was at the Pemex north of town to fill with fuel because it is easy in and easy out however they were out of Gasoline.  So I had to return to Guaybitos to a smaller Pemex that is anything but easy to get to the pump, and on top of that I could only get in and out of the end pump and I blocked in 2 parked truck. Luckily the Mexican are very patient people. 

Finally we got on the road and headed for Delia's camp grounds located in Etzatlan which in the middle of a huge farming area.  Grandmother Delia owns a camp ground in Guayabitos ( I spoke to her on Tuesday ) and I'm sure she  also owns this one even though   her daughter lives on the ground and runs the park. The Grand daughter told me that they own a large tract of land here and  several people from Europe, Canada and the USA  have built homes here. I spoke to one of them and he has been to Medicine Hat so he must be a world traveller. Ha Ha . Most folks who visit here usually say Delia's in Magdalena because you can not get off the toll road at Etzatlan hence you have to exit at Magdalena and then back track 20 KM. Mexican common sense.

This area grows a Zillion acres of  Sugar Cane ( as far as the eye can see ) and this is the harvest season so there are caravans of Cane trucks , loaded 10 feet above the racks on the highway heading for the processing plant. It appears to me that most, if not all of the Canes is harvested by hand because I have not seen a combine and the Canes is piled in the fields and loaded with a "clam shell " loader. However they also grow some corn and I have seen several corn harvesters so one would think that they would use a combine for Cane. 

This area also has hundreds of acres of Green Houses and Delia ( the mother ) tells me that they grow Bell peppers but I'm not convinced so I'll check it out tomorrow.  

We drove into the town of Etzatlan last night for a "look see " and there was a line up for fuel at least 2 or 3 miles long. I believe most of the towns in this area are out of Gasoline ( Not Diesel ) however we have a 3/4 of a tank in the MH so I can drive 600 KM before I need to re-fuel. 

 This camp ground has 9 sites but we are the only one here which is a surprise to us. The grounds are all grass with full hookups and concrete patios. Tomorrow we will visit Magdalena and a Pyramid in the area. Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment