Tuesday, 31 January 2017

Sunday...29 Jan 17

Sunday is usual a slow day but we managed to "while "it away. Of course the first item was breakfast with our friends at the Keno restaurant and it is always packed on Sundays with church goers. I think the churches have a schedule so that they  don't all have there Sermons at the same time as this would overload this restaurant. 

Carroll and I arrived at 10 AM and there was one table available. At 10 minutes later when our friends arrived there was 6 or 7 tables empty. By 10:30 it was packed with a dozen people waiting. It seems amazing.   

This business is owned and operated by people of Hispanic heritage but they are all Americans including all the waitresses. In fact I don't think we have been in a restaurant since we have been here that has a Gringo worker. However,  you have to remember that this area of TX is of mainly Hispanic heritage probably because it belong to MX many years ago. 

After breakfast we headed to McAllen to a store called "Harbor  Freight" as we had a Flyer which had a sale on a couple of items that I could not live without. I call this store " Princess Auto Light " because the quality of "some " of there products are of lesser quality but the price is right. As an example they had a 40 piece 3/8 socket set for 9.99 and a Multi-meter for 3.99. If you buy anything at all , the flyer has a  20 % coupon and they throw  in a mini flashlite that sells for a dollar. When Carroll was cashing out with her 15.00 worth of essential items she noticed that the guy ahead of  her had a couple of hundred dollars worth but no 20 % coupon so she gave the coupon to him .

Our next move to kill the afternoon was to go to a Flea market in a small town 10 minutes away. Again it was what I call a "Mexican " flea market because all the food Booths sell MX food and many  items are of lesser quality. But our reason for going was to buy a few DVD's that would be of interest to us, one of which was " The Big Short" as it has been in the local theaters and will not be back.

 They did not have that DVD but it does not take a  genesis to see that is is a contraband business. You pick out the DVD cover of the movie that you want, pay the 2.00 charge and the clerk passes the cover  thru a small window in the wall and 5 minutes later you get your DVD. I'm sure there is a bunch of computer operators behind the wall running off DVD and I'm sure the Authorities know this is going on. 

They use to sell contraband DVDs in MX but the Customs stopped they coming into the US so now they do it right here. 
We returned home to watch curling; aw damit;  Jennifer Jones did not make it to the Scotties. Oh well, I'll get over it... eh eh eh. cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment