Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Bad news Cops...9 Jan 17

Temp 8 C and windy.  We went to the  town of Mercedes ( 5 miles away ) to get another house key cut as I like to leave one outside, just in case I lock myself out. They have a very good True hardware store and I'm sure the Key Cutter must be better  light then the 3 stooges at Lowes.


All the small towns in this area of Texas have their own Police force  but why they have to sit and hide at the stop , waiting for me to break the law is beyond me. The hardware store is on a corner and I pulled into the left ( turning only ) lane with intention of turning. But when the light turned Red I noticed that there was nobody in the oncoming turning lane so I went straight ahead before illegally making a left turn . Just as I pulled ahead Carroll said there is policeman sitting on the corner so you are in trouble. I blamed Carroll because she should have warned me that the police was sitting there.


Anyhow , I quickly parked the car and jumped out as if nothing happen , however the cop car pulled up and block my path.  As soon as the cop got out of his car I play stupid ( which comes natural to me ) and I said, what happen, was I speeding. You don't what you did wrong and of course I said no. He say , take a look at that intersection; you where in a turning lane but you drove thru which could have caused an accident. I agree that I should have paid more attention. He says I'm not going to ticket you but I want you pay more attention and he continued to lecture me. He then shook my hand and said to more attentive and I promised I would. Kissing Ass when I'm in trouble with the Police is my strong suite.


After I got the Key cut I was very careful entering the street and stopping at the light. As I was getting up speed Carroll ask if I was looking to get  a ticket. I said what do you mean by that and she says you are doing 40 MPH in a 30 zone. I quickly hit the brakes. Incidentally I got home safely.


Carroll decided that we were ready for a visit to Willie B's for a loaded potato for supper.  I did not thing you could grow potatoes as big as the ones at Willie. Anyhow Carroll foolishly ordered one each but we then realize we could not possibly eat one each so we shared one and took the other one home for  tomorrow's supper. cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment