We know that the office at Pine to Palms ( P to P ), our home until 31 March, does not open until 9 AM and since our Motel is only 2 block away there was no hurry to get the day started. The Motel provided a hot breakfast so we meandered to the restaurant and had a casual breakfast.
We arrived at the P to P office shortly after 9 AM and as expected we were not first in line. Needless to say , we were not the only people arriving today, While waiting in line we swapped salutations with the others and since most occupants own there home, some where sure that we were new occupants. Once you say you are new, they want to know your address and if they don,'t already know the owner , they ask who owns the home. Of course, I'm thinking "give me the GD key " we can swap stories later.
Once I signed for the keys we had to listen to the clerk give us a disorientation about the rules, the garbage and recycle pickup and things that go on in the park. She gave us 4 pages on park activities so I was thinking that I could read it later but I though I better not get "snarky " on my first day. She ask if I had any questions and I said yes: have you got the number for Time Warner so I can get my Wifi connected. This costed me another 10 minutes of my life. First she explained that I could use the computer provide in the Rec Hall and I replied that I need my own connection in my home. Then she explained that I could, for a small price , get connect to the WiFi in the park but it was only good to sent and receive emails, no skype, no downloading and no movie downloads. I said no that,s not for me , I just need the number for TWC. She said I don,t have it. Then another lady in the office recognized us from other years spoke up and said I'll get it for you. As it turns out that Tech no longer works for TWC but at least she was trying to help me.
Finally we got to our house, which is a "stone throw " from the office, pool,Rec Hall and 100 shuffle courts. Our house is a 1960 vintage and is dated ( really dated ) but was clean, lots of room, good size bathroom, which doubles as the laundry room and a walk-in closet which also doubles as a storage area and the bedroom has 3 dressers, one of which found a new home in the storage area. What the bedroom doesn't have is Queen Bed. Nope: it has a Double bed and Carroll has agreed to let me have most of my side. ha ha. We also have a large TV
Anyway , we are happy with the place and we know at least a 1/2 dozen couples in the Park so we feel comfortable. We also know a dozen or more folks in other parks in the area.
I called TWC and was on hold for 1/2 hour but finally got through but could not get an appointment to connect our WiFi until Saturday AM.
After getting settled and checking the cupboards, which of course were bare, we had to shop for the necessities of life so we headed for the "Dollar Store " , where else. We needed Ziplock bags, batteries, toilet paper ,Aluminum foil and you can guess what else and the total was 93.00. How do you spend 93.00 at a Dollar Store.... you send Carroll to do the shopping. In the afternoon went to Wal-Mart for groceries which cost another 100.00.
In the afternoon we tried to setup the Satellite but could not get the TV and the Satellite to work together. In order to have a TV ,I connected the Satellite to a small TV that we brought with us for me to watch in the office. I then ask the neighbor if he had any idea why I could get the TV to accept my Satellite, with no luck. Oh, well I'll just keep working on it.
I checked around the house to try to find the door keys. There was a handful of keys but they did belong to this house. So I had to return the office key today, so I said I would sign it out tomorrow and get some keys cut. That is it for today. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment