The temperature reached 31 C by high noon but luckily we have a breeze and we have A/C in the house.
We had to run some errands today but we had to go to McAllen ( pop. 100, 000) and it is about 15 minute drive on the Weslaco "500 " better known as the Expressway. The speed limit is 70 MPH and I coast around 65 to 70 but I am mostly in the way of the "Indy drivers". I think most young Hispanic are apprenticing for the Indy 500.
We had 5 places to go to run the errands. Our camera is not working and we wanted that solved ,also I want to check the price of "booze " at Feldman's ( a super store for booze). If they don't stock, they don't make it. Then I was having a problem with the iPhone accepting a charge and then we needed a couple of items ( Carroll's definition ) at Costco. Finally a quick stop at the veggie market for a couple of items and then to the H.E.B. store ( Wal-Mart competitor ) for Riblets on sale for 1.27.
First things first was a camera repair shop. I explained to the lady that it would not read my 8 GB SD card and with one look at our camera she said it was too old to read the 8 GB but she tried it anyway. Then she tried a 5 GB, no luck so she went into the shop and "resurrected" a 2 GB and it worked. I said I'll buy the 2 Gb how much and she said 15.00. I replied that you have got to be Kidding me, I can but an 8 Gb at Walgreens drug store for 12.00. So she says I'll trade you straight up for your 8 Gb for my 2 Gb and I said that;s a deal. Problem solved.
Now , to the Feldman's and believe me this a shopping experience because they sell food items that go with booze and they have a coffee shop / lunch counter. I just like to walk around looking at all the different products and they usually have sales but never on Drambuie (36.00 USD for 1 litre ) which I was looking for. I will go to MX to morrow and check out the duty free store.
Next we had to find an iPhone store which Carroll had spotted earlier. I ask the tech to check my iPhone because the charging cable would not go in far enough. He plugged into the wall then the other end into the phone and as soon as I heard it "snap " I realized I was not pushing the cable in far enough. The tech just laughed and said that it is working. "Operator Error... Lesson Learned ".
Next we are off to Costco and when I queried Carroll what we needed at Costco she said , bread, butter and possibly eggs. By time we got to the checkout those items cost 85.00 and to think that the eggs were only 1.17 for 1 1/2 dozen of large.
Now we are heading home and I need a beer. But since we are passing the veggie market we shoul pickup onions and some tomatoes. Then one more stop at H.E.B. to pick up the Riblets and believe it or not that is all we bought. We left home at 11 AM and got home at 4 PM. So that is how to kill a day in TX. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment