Sunday, 22 January 2017

Deck Repairs...16 Jan 17

The owner , who is 82 years old , purchased 5 panes of 1/4 inch thick shatterproof glass 20" by 40" which I assumed was to be installed on the Deck railing whenever or if ever he returns to this home. He is or was a cabinet maker and as I was checking out the shed I noticed some bracket that were made to hold the glass. I figured with my limited Carpenter skills , I could install the glass besides the glass was sitting in the driveway in a crate in front of my car.


As a matter of fact , one day I drove a little too close to the glass and broke one pane. That was when I decided to install them so I did not break any more.


So today is the day that Carroll and I would install the 4 panes of glass in the deck railing which would make the deck more complete.  Several people walking by stopped to see what we were doing and thought we were the new owners since we were working on the deck. That's what Seniors do: they are nosey.


Today , being Monday  there is a supper at the Rec Centre / Kitchen so for 5.00 you get a Hamburger meal with a Salad and in our case we get to meet new people. As soon as you sit down the people know that you are new so they "inquire" about you. They think they are going to tell us all about the Rio Grande Valley until I say that we came to the RGV in 1999 and have returned 6 times since. That sort of breaks their bubble as some folks have only been here a few years and have not covered the valley as much as we have.


Tonight is Euchre  Night  and Poker Night and some other type of games. I chose to play Euchre and I could also meet some new folks. On this night we only had 12 people but apparently are they do have up to 24 players. cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment