We had intended to move today but while searching for a camp ground we quickly found out that there were no sites due to the long weekend so we stayed an extra day. Furthermore there were 30,000 ( that's right ) thirty thousand Bikers along the south coast for Wharf Rat Day Rally. Every year on Labour Day weekend it is a Biker Rally , headquartered in Digby but spread out along the South coast.
Apparently they play Biker Game , whatever they are as you will have ask a Biker. I guess the games a rough because they had to Airlift someone to Halifax.
Our friend who lives in Digby attended the festivities on Sunday and said the 50/50 draws was 52,000.00. The tickets were 6 for 10.00 so I guess there was lots of participation.
Needless to say we did not attend but we did go to Berwick which was having their " Gala Days weekend. It was more like a Community Fair so we just had lunch and then decided to tour the area.
This is wine country so we went to one farm called Planters Ridge to do wine tasting. They charged 5.00 for 3 x 1 oz shots which I thought was expensive because I expected to get get 5 taste glasses for 5 bucks. I guess I was spoiled in Australia and South Africa.
We then went to a Dairy farm which also has a small cheese factory. They have 50 milking cows and they make cheese from only the amount of milk they produce.
We then drove thru the countryside admiring the scenery and then went home. The neighbors where having a family supper which smelt very good so we jokingly ask for the leftovers. They then invited us to join them later that evening , around the fire.
One of the men was a businessman and we mentioned that we would require a storage place in Halifax to park the MH and car while we are in NFLD. He immediately got on his iphone and found a place and even gave me his name and said to drop his name if need be. He said if I get stuck I am to call him for help.
About 10 PM both Carroll and I were tired so we called it a day. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment