We left Middleton on the north side of NS and traveled to the south side on a narrow 2 lane Hwy with more cures than snakes back. I could only go about 60 KMH so needless to say I had 6 or 8 vehicles tied up behind me. I drove for at least an hour before I could pull over to let the followers by. At one point the road had broken away on the right side and I could not miss the holes because I was about to meet a large gravel truck. Needless to say the Car Dolly and the car got a rough ride.
We reserved a camp site along Martin's River, 7 KM from the very lovely and quaint town of . Mahone Bay. The camp site is mostly seasonal campers but on this particular weekend they host a Yard sale. Apparently every year on this weekend people camp at this park and bring all their " Junk " they want to sell. I thought Camp site owner was " pulling my leg " when said that was the reason there was no available spaces and that we could only stay until Friday.
Once we got set up in the camp site , we had lunch and then headed for our friends ( Brent and Jane ) place as Brent had sent us an email to say that they were taking us out on their 34 foot Trawler which I call a Yacht. We met Brent and Jane in Via Corona, MX about 5 or 6 years ago and we travel with them for a week or so.
Brent and Jane took us from a 2 hour cruise out in the Bay, then we moored and bounce around in the very light waves until we consumed a few beers and a plateful of cheese and crackers. After returning to shore around 6 PM we venture down the street to a bar called the Mug and Anchor. I switch from a fish diet to a Meat Pie menu but Carroll stuck with Seafood diet so she had Atlantic Scallops which are much small than the Digby on the other side of NS.
After the big meal we were ready to call it a day. Brent and Jane invited us back for supper tomorrow evening. Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment