We headed for Windsor today to tour the area and to pick up a few groceries as that is the nearest shopping area. Once in Windsor we spotted the Visitor Info office and stopped to ask about the area. The young lady was very informative and provided a hand drawn map ( not produced by her ) for us to follow. Before I got 2 KM down the road I realized that either I could not read a map or the producer of the map fail Geography. We returned to the Visitors Info to get the directions straight and we determined that the map was a waste of paper , however the names of the places to visit were the important part.
I also got the address from the Visitors Info of an RV dealer as I needed to get a Fuse for the MH. There are no RV dealers in Windsor but there was one in Kempville which we were going thru. Once in Kempville I could not find the address so I stopped at a Tire shop and he sent me to New Minas, a town attached to Kempville. The RV dealer could not help but sent me to and Industrial Park ( you guess it ) in Kempville. After visiting 5 ( five ) different shops I finally got the fuse at " Parts for Trucks ".
By this time we had managed to waste most of the day but a place called Hall's Harbor was on our list of places to see and it was about 20 KM away so we drove there and stayed for supper. It is a small fishing harbor with a nice restaurant that specialize in Lobster and a gift store to take your money. These Harbors are quaint and interesting to us westerns. The tide was out so the Fishing boat where sitting on the Mud and tied to the Wharf waiting on the tide to come in.
To order food you had to visit the gift and pay in advance. Carroll order Lobster so they said , go pick one out of the tank. Then they put it in a tub and said take it to the Cook who was in another area . Then the eating area was in another building across an alley. I ordered Fish and Chips.
When the waitress brought the Lobster, Carroll ask how do I get it apart and the waitress demo it for Carroll. One phase that made me smile was when the waitress said "grab the main body and give it a firm Hug and twist".
The waitress obviously knew we were not Easterners so she ask where we were from and we said AB. She said the they lived in Ft Mac and she did not like it because she missed her family. Then she went on to say that they returned to NS but there was no work so back to Sask; then to Ontario and then back to NS. I ask where do you live now. She said in town but her husband is back in Ft Mac.
"No More questions , Your Honour".
After our supper we headed home as it was an 1 1/2 drive . First we had to return to Windsor and then hopefully we would remember all the twist and turns required to get to our camp site. We had to take 3 different roads / hwy to get home. Several KM out of Windsor we missed a road so back to the Service Station to ask directions ( our GPS was in the MH ). The road I was looking for was just across from the Service Station but there was no sign to tell you to turn there. I guess the locals know where they are going so why bother with a sign.
We got home safe and sound. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment