We drove from Moncton to New Glasgow to pick up the MH along the " Coastal " road. We thought coastal meant along the water but it apparently it means the closes road to the coast. We drove 1 hour before we seen water but that still beats the 4 lane hwy.
I got bored and tired around 11:00 AM and Carroll didn't want to drive so I pulled into a small community centre parking lot for a 10 min snooze. I woke up 30 minutes later!!!!
We arrived in New Glasgow at the Kenworth Truck garage to pickup the MH. It had been sitting there since the Monday before so the mechanics plugged in the power after they replaced the Alternator, which was nice of them.
The clerk and two mechanics greeted us and we said we would load the kids bikes into the Van as they were chained to the Car Dolly. After loading the bikes and unpacking our suite case we were ready to load the car on the Dolly. This is something I have never done in my life. However, Todd gave me a verbal overview how it was to be done, most of which I did not understand.
So I jumped in the drivers seat , turned on the key ... nothing ; zero ; Zippo; not even a grunting noise. After sitting for a week, plugged in; it should have started so I ask the Boss mechanic to check the Batteries and they tested as " Junk ", so they replaced the two batteries for the tune of 300.00
So now we had to load the car on the Dolly and Todd reminded me to load on a level area so I circled the garage parking lot to find the ideal spot. Carroll and I managed to load the car without much consternation. Then I did a practice lap around the yard to see how the Dolly would follow. Carroll was watching from a distance and did a "thumbs up".
While the mechanic was replacing the batteries Carroll canvased the staff for a camp site in the area, somewhere near Pictou. One of the staff recommended a Camp site about 10 minutes out of Pictou. The directions were : take the hwy to Pictou, when you get to the " Rotary" go around it until you see the sign that says Hwy 637 and take that road for about 10 KM and you will see the Birchwood Camp site on your right . The Western word for Rotary is either a Roundabout or a Traffic Circle. This Rotary had 5 legs ( exits ) each with a billboard with enough directions and information to circumnavigate the world. We could not absorb all the info on our "Drive By " so naturally we took the wrong road and had to drive 25 KM before we could turn around and we did so in another campground. ( There goes another out of my life I will never get back )
We got to the camp site about 6:30 with no reservation but they had a few sites left. We were intending to stay for 1 day but a day like this made us decided to stay 2 nights and visit Pictou tomorrow.
After a day like this we did not feel like cooking supper so we went to a Lobster Bar in Pictou for supper. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment