Our flight from Calgary to Moncton had a launch time of 6 AM. That means we had to be up by 3:30 AM and out of Todd's house by 4 AM. It also mean that Todd had to drive from his place to the Calgary Airport which was a casual 45 minute drive at that early hour.
Yvonne had already check us in last evening but , as I explained, since I am a veteran and as such I have to check our baggage thru a clerk since we do not pay for any checked baggage. When we got to the Kiosk we where met by a lady who was there to help the helpless like us. She ushered us into a line of about 50 travelers and at that point Carroll mentioned that I was a Veteran and she said just wait here. About a minute later she said follow me and were checked right thru. The clerk even thank me for my Service to the country. So there some perks for my 30 years of Service.
We had to change planes in Toronto and it was a 3 hour wait. Since we lots of time we had lunch and then ambled for what seem to be forever, to the very end of Terminal 1 to catch, what was probably the oldest plane in the Air Canada fleet. You know Air Canada's motto " We are not Happy until You are not Happy".
We landed in Moncton a little after 6 PM and the next thing was to find Yvonne's that she left for us. We went outside the Terminal to find the Parking Area but it did not seem that it was accessible for the Terminal. I spotted two cabbie that were swapping lies and they advised me that there was an underground tunnel to the parking area but only accessible from inside the terminal.
After finding the car we headed for Moncton some 15 KM away to find our hotel that we had booked a week earlier. The hotel was called Chateau Moncton and since the room price 125.00 I wasn't sure what we were getting. When we arrived I was total surprised to find such an upscale hotel for that price. Especially, after traveling around BC in July where we paid 185.00 for a "Basic " room in the Super 8 in Osoyoos. This hotel also provides a full breakfast which we will check our tomorrow.
After checking in I decided that I should have a case of beer for my travels so I ask the female clerk for directions. She directed me to the area in Moncton where she thought there was a beer store but in hindsight I doubt that was ever in the store. Anyhow , it was huge beer/ liquor store and I found what I needed.
Carroll ask the clerk for a restaurant that severed Lobster and she directed us to the " Catch 22 " restaurant. We search the menu as there were a myriad of choices and finally we ask the waitress to convince us as to the best dish. We had thought about and took the Shared plate for two which was 1/2 a lobster each plus 6 shrimp, 4 scallops, a piece of crab and a fillet of fish. All this for a cost of 70.00. It was well worth the price.
After this great meal we called it a day . Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment