Todd, Yvonne and their 4 Kids flew into Puerto Vallarta ( PV ) last evening and would spend the next 8 days with us in Rincon. They spent a week in Los Cabo with Yvonne's family and then flew to PV thru MX city and landed in PV at 1 AM so they did not want a pickup until 3 PM.
We ask our Camp management on 16 th to arrange for a Taxi Van to pick them up at the Westin hotel at 3 PM. No Problemo , they said. Then on Thursday morning they advised us that there was no taxi available as they were are busy with Airport pickup. We then moved into panic mode.
I advised Todd that I could only pick up 3 people and the luggage in my car so three people would have to take the Bus PV to Rincon.
Shortly there after our friends Tom and Maureen dropped in to say hello and we told them our dilemma. So Tom said he would pick up the other 3 passengers as he was going to Home Depot in PV for some items. Problem solve.
I left 1 1/2 hours early , as I wanted to stop at Wal-Mart for some groceries. I thought I knew where the Wal-Mart was located . What I did not expect was that Wal-Mart was one of many large stores under one roof so I blew right by it. The bad news is that I had to drive 5 KM before I could find a returno ( U- Turn ). When I find got to the Wal-Mart, parking was at a premium but I finally found a spot. By this time my shopping time was reduced to 15 Minutes so I raced around the store hunting for the goods.
Now I raced into PV and I was pretty sure that I knew where I was going but when you are fighting traffic it is extremely hard to read the street signs so I missed my street. I stop to ask a "street parking attendant / Car washer etc if I could get a short cut to the Westin. I guess he understood me because he showed me the way. I should add that I got in the wrong collector lane and I held up the traffic at the light and then the Horn Honking started. I thought it was New Years Eve. ha ha
Now, most Hotels are gated with Security so I knew it could be problem because I forgot to ask Todd for their room number. When I pulled up to the gate I said I was picking up my family but all the Guard would say is " room number" No matter what I said , he would repeat room number. So I wrote down Todd's name and he went into the guard shack and spoke to someone and then opened the gate.
My friend Tom M came shortly behind me and we picked up the kids and returned to Rincon. The airport is 64 KM from Rincon but it takes 1 1/2 hours one way due to the fact that the road is 2 lanes and very few places to pass, and you always end up behind the olds truck in MX.
As soon as we landed in Rincon the Kids just had to hit the pool, while Carroll and I made a Bar-B- Q supper. By 9 PM the kids where tiered but two of them had to sleep at Grandmas. So the argument started as to which two. It was decided the it would be Boys one night and Girls the other night. Finally a long day comes to a close and we were tired. cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment