Monday, 15 December 2014

Winter OF 2014 Trip to Mexico

We left our home in Med Hat at 6:30 AM on 1 Dec and the temperature was a - 13 C so we were not sad to leave the cold weather behind. I said to Carroll that we were not stopping until I could wear short knowing full well that was a lie as our first planned overnight stop was Idaho Falls and we new the temp would be around 0 C.
All went well as we did a quick pit stop in Taber at Tim's of course for a coffee and  donut. Then we reached the border and we did a pit  stop at the Duty Free to pick up 2 bottles of " Medicine " and to visit the " restroom ". As you know our MH is winterized and we don't want to use the bathroom any more the is nec until we de-winterize.
The customs officer was a young lady and she limited her question which suited us.
Our MH hold a lot of fuel so there was no need to fuel up until about 2 PM in Boulder, MT south of Helena, MT. We ran into a 20 mile patch of snow cover roads south of Boulder but after that it was clear sailing until we got about 1 hour out of Idaho Falls. There a 1 inch skiff of snow covering the road and everyone was slowing down so I first thought it was Black Ice and I too slowed right down . I soon realized there was no Black Ice so I geared up and arrived in Idaho Falls at 6 PM. That was a 12 hour day and I might think twice about doing that again.
We took a Motel for the night and as always we met other folks going south or home for Christmas. Two couples were going home to Sask for Christmas, I reminded them that it was still winter.  Another  couple was from Lethbridge going south and another couple from Montana was going to Lake Havasu and I could believe how excited they were but it was there first time going south.  I didn't want to " Break there Bubble " but I suggested they might want to think about going a little farther south. Lake Havasu is not warm. So far all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment