Monday, 15 December 2014

Winter of 2014 going to Mexico ( 3 Dec Wed )

We got an early start after we fueled up in Mesquite. Now, in 1 1/2 hours we will be in the middle of the dreaded Las Vegas ( better known as Loss Wages ) traffic. Everyone must be late for work in Vegas as they are in a hurry and will not give an inch to us RVers or maybe it seems that way. If I need to change lanes I always hope for a trucker to come along as they will always help you. Anyway, it is a little tricky trying to remember the proper lane to exit I-15 on to 515. I-15 goes to CA ; We are heading for AZ so you don't want to pick the wrong lane. Anyway, I need the 3 rd lane from right ... or is the 2 nd lane, I can never remember. Anyway, I'm the driver so I leave it up to Carroll to get me in the proper lane and if she messes up , it is not her fault but I'll blame her anyway. ha ha. As it turns out I had to shift one lane to the right and a trucker was coming up in that lane so I put on the signal light and he flashed his lights for me to  move over. I have a lot of respect for those truckers.
Now for the next half hour we will negotiate the 5 lanes of rush hour traffic. This time I got behind a truck and he was doing my speed so I stayed there. However, the view is not the best. As the saying goes: "If you aint the lead dog the view is all the same".
After exiting Las Vegas it now becomes a causal lazy drive to Yuma, which is nice for a change. About 2 hours down the road ( we are now on Hwy 93) we stopped for breakfast at a little town called  Search Light. The town police are notorious for grabbing speeders. As you enter the town the speed drops to 45 MPH and by the time you hit the brakes it drops to 35 and then quickly drops to 25.
This is not my first Rodeo in this town so I make sure I  slow down before I get there. After breakfast we headed down 93 and decided to stay on this hwy going thru a piece of CA because I did not want to climb the mountain going to Laughlin. After a couple of hours we decide to cut over the AZ at the town of Parker because they have a truck stop that has " cheap... er " fuel and it is on the way to Yuma. As I open the fuel cover it was about this time that remembered that I left the fuel cap in Mesquite. Then I had to listen to Carroll tell me that she reminded ( told ) me not to forget the gas cap.
We arrived in Yuma around 3 PM and I ask for a specific site. Not because it was special but because I knew the guy across the street would sell me some cheap WiFi. Besides the RV park was 1/2 empty so my request was not a problem.
We have two close friends from Sask that are already at the park. One of then invited us to Happy Hour after we got set up and other invited us for supper so that work out great. End of day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment